School of Little Scholars
We offer high quality infant and toldder care program in 3 months through 2 years old, and an accelerated educational program to children in Toddler 2 years old through Kindergarten 6 years old at our school. Instruction is individualized so children can achieve success without becoming frustrated or bored. We see, treat, and educate each child as a unique individual. Our students benefit from a challenging curriculum and a wide variety of extracurricular activities. Our class sizes and low student-to-teacher ratio make our learning environment ideal for student achievement. We are always happy to meet you and answer any questions you may have. Stop in to visit or contact us for further information.
We know families are busy these days, and both parents often work. Accordingly, we offer child care from 6:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Our goal is to meet your needs while providing the best education for your child. At our school you can have both quality education and quality child care.
We are happy you stopped by our website and hope you will consider our school for your child's education.
Our staff members are required to have experience working with children and/or education in early childhood development. Our lead staff teachers have at least 12 units in ECE , 3 units in infant care, and AA or BAs in Early child Learning. We require all teacher assistants, aides, and full-time classroom staff to have their CDA, a degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or to take at least one ECE class per year. We hire people not only based on their professional background, but with particular attention to their philosophy about working with children. It’s vital that our staff works well together, with families, and, most importantly, with children. Staff members are trained in First Aid and CPR .
Health & Safety
A child’s good health plays a very significant role in his/her ability to enjoy the benefits of our program. Our School follows the regulations of State Child Care Licensing to assure that the facility and the policies protect children from hazards and disease.
● A first aid kit is kept in each classroom.
● An additional kit and parents‘ emergency contact information is taken on any off site trip.
● Accident reports are kept in each child’s file.
● Parents will be notified immediately of any usual or more serious incident.
● Specific procedures for emergency evacuation are posted in each classroom and emergency numbers are listed near the telephone.
● Fire and earthquake drills are held regularly.
● Staff follow universal precautions, that is they use hand washing, gloving and disposal of waste procedures, as though all contacts were potential sources of disease or infection.
● Children are taught about hand washing and are supervised as they prepare for meal times and after toileting.